Sustainable Packaging Initiatives at MELT® Organic
Among many sustainable initiatives we have spearheaded since our launch into test markets in 2010, we are proud to have been the first brand in the Butter/ Margarine/ Butter Substitutes category to package our spreads in sustainable square packaging. As with many new brands who bring innovation to a ‘status quo’ category, our launch resulted in nearly all other brands converting from round to square packaging over the past few years.
With a smaller footprint delivered via its structural package design, MELT® Organic revolutionized the way products are displayed in the dairy case and stored in the warehouse.
Compared to traditional round and oval packaging, square packaging increases refrigerator shelf and warehouse space efficiency. Square packaging also achieves significant carbon savings by reducing greenhouse gas emissions associated with the products’ packaging, distribution, and retail energy-use over the course of the product’s life cycle. Our packaging supplier also has innovated through the development of “thinnest-wall technology”, requiring less material to produce the packaging while maintaining functionality. Lighter packaging translates into lower shipping costs and reduced carbon dioxide emissions associated with transport.
This “first” by the brand was part of a collection of firsts related to our product formulations and reflect our company’s commitment to sustainable and ethical sourcing. Other ‘firsts’ that solidify our leadership as the true innovator in this category include:
- Perfect Blend of organic fruit- and plant-based oils made with:
- Virgin Coconut Oil that is certified Fair for Life Fair Trade
- Palmfruit Oil that is certified by the Rainforest Alliance and RSPO-IP (their highest certification)
- Hi-oleic sunflower, flax seed and canola oils that are certified organic and Non-GMO Verified
- Sunflower lecithin instead of soy lecithin
- All MELT spreads are soy free, dairy free, gluten free, nut free
- All MELT spreads have always been free from hydrogenated oils, artificial colors or flavors, and artificial ingredients of any kind
- All MELT spreads are certified organic, Non-GMO Verified, Kosher Pareve, and Autism Hope Alliance certified
Since launching the brand more than five years ago, we have remained true to our Mission and are pleased to share it with you.
Prosperity Organic Foods, Inc., provides great tasting products of superior quality through innovative uses of healthy fats and oils that allow consumers to eat better, feel better and live better.
- We will pursue practices that respect humanity and the environment.
- We will cultivate a culture that fosters mutual respect, integrity, authenticity, fun and passionate talent
- We will transform consumer and customer desires to marketplace wins.
As a result consumers will reward us with leadership sales, profit and value creation allowing everyone to prosper.