Not Your Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie
½ cup Honey Melt, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
½ tablespoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 packed cup coconut flour*
½ cup shredded coconut (optional)
¾ cup chocolate chips or dark chocolate baking chunks
*Adding coconut flour in smaller amounts to attain the preferred texture is better than compensating by adding more liquids and fats.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Thoroughly blend together the Honey Melt, sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the salt, coconut flour, shredded coconut.
- Blend half of the coconut flour mixture with the wet ingredients. Allow the mixture to sit for 2 minutes in order to give the coconut flour time to absorb liquid. The target texture is the consistency of stiff mashed potatoes.
- If the batter is runny, add the rest of the coconut flour. If the batter is not as stiff as mashed potatoes but also not runny, then gradually add more coconut flour. Again, allow the batter to sit for 2 minutes.
- Add the chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
- Form into small cookies on a parchment lined pan.
- Press the cookies down to the size you wish; they will not flatten out during baking.
- Bake about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- If you do not have parchment paper, oil your baking pan well and take care not to let the bottoms of the cookies burn.