MELT® Organic Mayonnaise
Are you looking for a mayonnaise that will knock the socks off of store-bought mayo AND is made with good fats like virgin coconut oil and flax seed oil? Look no further: homemade mayo made with Rich & Creamy MELT Organic will be perfect for your family’s lunch sandwiches. This recipe is adapted from Passionate Homemaking (July 3, 2009) and makes about 1½ cups of mayonnaise.
1 whole pastured egg
2 pastured egg yolks
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Juice of ½ small lemon
½ teaspoon sea salt
White pepper to taste
½ cup quality olive oil
½ cup Rich & Creamy MELT Organic
1 tablespoon plain whole milk yogurt (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, mix the eggs, yolks, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Soften the Rich & Creamy MELT Organic over very low heat – just enough to get it close to a liquid state but not warm enough to “cook” the eggs.
- Combine the olive oil and Melt Organic in a measuring cup for easy pouring.
- Very slowly pour the olive oil/ Melt Organic while the food processor/ blender is running at a low speed – just pour a very thin stream into the opening.
- Once the oils are emulsified in the mixture, add the yogurt, which gives it a semi-sweet and tangy flavor.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!