Grilled Pineapple with Honey Melt® Organic Glaze
Fresh pineapple is delicious on its own and perfect for summer backyard parties. For a fun and easy dessert your family will love, try grilling slender wedges of pineapple dipped in our Honey Melt® Organic brown sugar glaze. Serve with your favorite vanilla ice cream. Flambé with rum for an even fancier treat. One pineapple makes 8 servings.
1 ripe pineapple
1/2 cup Honey Melt® Organic, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup dark rum or 151 proof rum, for flambéing (optional)
Preheat the grill to high. Oil the grate.
- Preparing pineapple:
- Cut the off the rind and the top of the pineapple.
- Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise through the leaves as well as the fruit to obtain 8 slender wedges of pineapple.
- Trim the core off each pineapple wedge.
- In a shallow glass bowl, microwave ½ cup Honey Melt in the microwave on medium heat until liquid, about 5-10 seconds.
- In another small bowl, blend together the brown sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon and cloves.
- Dip each wedge of pineapple first in Honey Melt, then in the brown sugar mixture, shaking off the excess.
- Grill the pineapple wedges until lightly browned and sizzling, 5 to 8 minutes per side.
- Transfer the pineapple wedges to a serving platter or individual plates.
- If flambéing with rum, heat it in a small saucepan until warm, almost hot, but do not let boil. Touch a match to the rum and pour it over the pineapple. Serve at once.