Gluten-Free Strawberry-Walnut Scones
These delicious gluten-free Strawberry-Walnut Scones are made with Melt® Organic and coconut flour. They are the perfect breakfast or brunch treat with English breakfast tea – crispy on the edges, soft and flavorful inside with just a touch of sweetness from the strawberry jam. This recipe makes eight scones, so you can freeze and thaw individually for a quick breakfast treat. We have Tammy Credicott and her book, Paleo Indulgences, to thank for the fabulous recipe adapted here.
2 cups raw walnuts
¼ cup coconut flour, sifted
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
¼ cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ cup Melt® Organic, softened until pourable
Organic strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the walnuts in a food processor and pulse until a fine meal is formed.
- Place the walnut meal and the remaining dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients, except the Melt Organic, to the walnut meal mixture. Blend well with a hand mixer.
- With the mixer on low, slowly pour in the Melt Organic. Mix well.
- Using an ice-cream size scoop, make eight even balls of dough and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- With your thumb or a teaspoon, make deep well in the center of each scone.
- Fill each well with 1 teaspoon strawberry jam.
- Bake 23-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown and the dough springs backs when pressed lightly.
- Cool on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.