Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
This ultimate holiday pie combines the best of three worlds: cream cheese, pumpkin pie, and a homemade Melt® Organic crust that will beat the socks off of any store-bought crust.
2 8-ounce packages of organic cream cheese, softened
½ cup organic sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup organic pumpkin puree
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch ground cloves
1 pinch ground nutmeg
½ cup organic heavy cream, whipped
- Make the Melt Organic pie crust dough and allow to set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in eggs one at a time. Set aside one cup of cream cheese batter.
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Pull your Melt Organic pie crust dough out of the refrigerator and roll to ¼” thickness. Gently fold the crust in half, slide over the pie plate until the middle seam is on the middle of the pie plate. Unfold the pie crust gently and lightly press into the pie plate.
- Evenly spread the cream cheese batter into the bottom of the crust.
- Add the pumpkin puree batter on top of the cream cheese layer and gently spread over the cream cheese batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the center is almost set. Allow to cool then place in the refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.
- Whip the heavy cream into preferred stiffness with a hand blender. If you wish to add sugar (a few tablespoons at most), wait until it has started to stiffen, then add sugar and whip until quite stiff.
- Cover pie servings with whipped cream and enjoy!