Double Chocolate Medallion Coconut Flour Cookies
I knew these cookies were going to be good when I couldn’t stop eating the batter from the beaters and the bowl. These lovely little treats made with Chocolate MELT® are simple and quick to make. Best of all they are moist, full of flavor, and gluten-free! This recipe is inspired by Starlene Stewart’s Beyond Grain & Dairy and makes about 40 cookies.
½ cup local raw honey
½ cup Chocolate MELT
½ cup organic cocoa powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup + 2 Tablespoons organic coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add honey and Chocolate MELT together in a small pan and heat until just warm and melted.
- Measure all other ingredients into a mixing bowl in the order listed. Be sure to measure the coconut flour exactly, using a knife across the top of the cup measurement.
- When honey and Chocolate MELT are melted, pour into the bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until well blended.
- Allow the batter to set for 5 minutes in order to allow the coconut flour to absorb and thicken. The dough will be wet, similar to brownie batter.
- Measure the batter in even tablespoons and drop onto a cookie sheet greased with coconut oil or lined with parchment paper. These cookies will not increase much in size since there is no leavening agent, so they can be placed fairly close together.
- Once all of the cookies are measured out, dip your finger into melted coconut oil and tap and pat the cookies into flat round medallions.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. They will lose their shiny appearance and will feel firm to the touch when done. If they are not quite done, you will be able to touch them lightly and leave a dent so let them cook another minute or two.