Cauliflower Kale Rice
Cauliflower Kale Rice is a flavorful, versatile, and hearty side dish for any holiday dinner, or in our case, as an excellent breakfast meal served with poached eggs on top.
1 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
2 ears of corn (when in season), corn cut off the cob
2 cups kale, stemmed removed and chopped
2 cloves of garlic, pressed
4 Tablespoons MELT® Organic
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, add couple of Tablespoons of MELT® Organic and sauté onion and corn over medium-low heat.
- Coarsely chop the raw cauliflower and add to a food processor. Chop the cauliflower on “pulse” so it is a little bigger than rice grains. It is important not to process the cauliflower too finely.
- Add the cauliflower to skillet and continue to sauté over medium-low heat, stirring frequently and adding more MELT® Organic as needed to keep the mixture from getting too dry.
- When the cauliflower has lost its raw smell (but not fully cooked), add the kale, garlic, salt, and pepper to the sauté until the cauliflower is fully cooked.
- The cauliflower should not be crunchy but not mushy either.
Posted in: Blog