Author: Florentina Yawgel http://roxanashomebaking.com/cocoa-brownies-recipe/
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup (150 grams) sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- ¼ cup (56 grams) MELT organic chocolate spread, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (40 grams) all purpose flour
- ½ cup (40 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line an 8X8" baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, with the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed the sugar, the whole egg and the egg whites until fluffy and thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the chocolate spread and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Gently, fold in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and bake in preheated oven for 20 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes almost clean (the brownies will combine to cook as the cool down)
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
- For clean cuts, use a sharp knife and clean the blade after each cut.
Posted in: Recipes